Family-Based Immigration ◊ Removal and Deportation Defense ◊ Federal Appellate Review ◊ Temporary Visas
Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, at the Law Offices of Daniel E. Chavez, we have over 30 years of experience handling immigration matters for individuals throughout northern California and beyond. Attorney Daniel E. Chavez is board-certified in immigration and nationality law by the state of California, the only lawyer in Sonoma County to have that designation. We understand that the immigration laws are complex and often confusing and work hard to stay current of all developments in the law, so that we can provide clients with the highest level of service.
To set up an appointment, contact our office or call us at 707-775-4531.
We focus our practice on immigration matters, handling issues involving:
- Family-based immigration. We help individuals who seek visas, green cards or citizenship based on family relationships. We handle cases involving spouses, siblings, parents or children. We prepare all the documents required during the process and act as your advocate in all hearings or proceedings.
- Removal/deportation defense. We protect the rights of people who face removal or deportation, whether you have never received a green card or you face difficulty keeping your green card. We handle cases where green card status is jeopardized by the commission of a crime or a determination that a marriage was fake.
- Immigration appeals. We handle all matters related to the federal appellate review of immigration matters, including motions for reconsideration of deportation or removal.
- Temporary visas. We can help you if you wish to enter the U.S. for a temporary period of time for a specific purpose - work, schooling, a conference, etc., or to visit the country, friends or family.
- Diversity visa lottery. We assist in electronically filing your forms so that can apply to the Diversity Lottery (DV) Program to receive a visa allowing you to live and work permanently in the United States. The program randomly selects applications, granting 55,000 immigrant visas each year to people from countries that have low rates of immigration to the United States.
We have extensive experience working with families with special needs children, as well as individuals who have been victims of crime, in the United States or in their home country. Our law firm works hard to provide immigration protection to victims of rape, torture, domestic violence, female genital mutilation, or human trafficking, as well as those who face serious danger because of cooperation in prosecuting crimes or terrorist activities. We also handle political asylum proceedings and more.
Contact Attorney Daniel E. Chavez
Contact us or call us at 707-775-4531 to schedule an appointment. Our law firm office is open weekdays from 9 am until 5 pm. Evening and weekend consultations are available upon request. We are located in historic downtown Petaluma.
Flat Fees for Most Services ◊ Se habla español